Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Internet and Pop-Ups


Pop-ups are the bane of my "online" existance. For the past three days, it seems that I've been working non-stop on installing blocker software and fidgeting with my internet settings in order for my computer to be even remotely operational. It is very damaging to the efficiency of my internet browsing. Thousands of similar users must feel the same.

Why does the internet community allow for such herassment of people's "surfing"?

To address this question in its proper context, my questions to this blog are:

Is this equally large problem for internet users in East Asia?
Does much of this "spam" come from East Asia?
What are the East Asian governments doing to hem this proliferation of pop-ups?

Thanks for your comments!

1 comment:

Laura Grenier said...

Grreat reading your blog post